90.8mixfm :: Forums :: Mix De Hou You :: Chit Chat

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
JJ lin`s new album
Moderators: zHuang YI
Author Post
aini
Sat Nov 01 2008, 01:12PM
Registered Member #88
JJ lin`s new album already released at 18 October 2008. Get it on store now!! here some lyrics....

“Does he look like JJ the clown?”

My family and friends back in Singapore sent me an article recently. The article questioned my new image and suggested it being “a colorful riot of clashing plaid patterns” and looking “more like a clown than an artiste”.
If it had been an article from elsewhere, I would not have been that hurt and disappointed. But it came from my homeland…

“To be or not to be, that is the question…”
(Hamlet - William Shakespeare)

I remember the bold steps I’ve taken in the past, steps I took to express my art and music.

One of the important lessons I’ve learnt over the years – Whenever an artist tries for a change, he should be ready to face a bombardment of controversial comments from all over. If he decides to stay put, again he might be criticized for being insincere and uncreative.

We are never satisfied.

Fashion, like music, is an intricate form of art. No one is ever right or wrong. I guess depending on where you were born in and raised, your sense for art and appreciation differs accordingly.
As a Singaporean myself, I have noticed over the years that somehow, we are “trained” to act by the book. When something unconventional comes along, we are so careful that we usually take too much time access the situation.

I believe if my stylists had approached me with this daring checkered concept 5 years ago during my 1st album, I would not have been able to accept it then either.

However, I am also an artist who always challenges conventional methods of creating art. If I had followed what the “gurus” have taught us about music, there wouldn’t have been the “clashing” of Chinese elements with RnB beats in River South, nor the bossa nova / hip hop rhythm of The Choice Is Yours. If I had gone by the book and “toned down” on my art, I probably would not have gotten thus far in my music career.

I also definitely did not feel like a “clown” wearing the clothing I wore.
Instead, I was quite impressed at how my stylists were able to blend the clashing plaid patterns together, creating something very refreshing and warm. I feel it suits the vibrancy and color this album requires.

Anyway, there’s always something to say when somebody tries to be different, when conformity and ritual beliefs are being challenged and stretched. But not matter what, there will also always be a group of people open minded and sensitive enough to embrace and appreciate.

I hope you are one of them.

My family and friends back in Singapore sent me an article recently. The article questioned my new image and suggested it being “a colorful riot of clashing plaid patterns” and looking “more like a clown than an artiste”.
If it had been an article from elsewhere, I would not have been that hurt and disappointed. But it came from my homeland…

I remember the bold steps I’ve taken in the past, steps I took to express my art and music.

One of the important lessons I’ve learnt over the years – Whenever an artist tries for a change, he should be ready to face a bombardment of controversial comments from all over. If he decides to stay put, again he might be criticized for being insincere and uncreative.

We are never satisfied.

Fashion, like music, is an intricate form of art. No one is ever right or wrong. I guess depending on where you were born in and raised, your sense for art and appreciation differs accordingly.
As a Singaporean myself, I have noticed over the years that somehow, we are “trained” to act by the book. When something unconventional comes along, we are so careful that we usually take too much time access the situation.

I believe if my stylists had approached me with this daring checkered concept 5 years ago during my 1st album, I would not have been able to accept it then either.

However, I am also an artist who always challenges conventional methods of creating art. If I had followed what the “gurus” have taught us about music, there wouldn’t have been the “clashing” of Chinese elements with RnB beats in River South, nor the bossa nova / hip hop rhythm of The Choice Is Yours. If I had gone by the book and “toned down” on my art, I probably would not have gotten thus far in my music career.

Instead, I was quite impressed at how my stylists were able to blend the clashing plaid patterns together, creating something very refreshing and warm. I feel it suits the vibrancy and color this album requires.

Anyway, there’s always something to say when somebody tries to be different, when conformity and ritual beliefs are being challenged and stretched. But not matter what, there will also always be a group of people open minded and sensitive enough to embrace and appreciate.

I hope you are one of them.

always online
作词:林怡凤
作曲:林俊杰

变色的生活 任性的挑拨
疯狂的冒出了头
单方的守侯 试探的温柔
却还是少了点什么
遥远 两端 爱挂在天空飞
风停了也无所谓
只因为你总说
Everthing will be okay
我准备好了321
I'm always online
和你1 to 1 爱开始扩散
我们联结了 穿越 天空 银河 oh...oh...
开始倒数321 删除我的孤单
More and more尽是深刻
爱亮了 爱笑了 I'm always online

the choice is yours
作词:农夫Fama

我要选择我自己既选择
我要表达我自己既表白
选择起或者选择坐
选择错我都选择过
今天你做了甚么 明天你要做甚么
要往前走还是往后 要往左还是往右
我的路每一步该怎么走 有谁在等候
一路向前走来到十字路口 Wo
把所有阻碍抛到脑后
不管你是哪一个 哪个都阻挡不得
我用自己的选择 让我发光发热
不满意我又如何 为甚么要听你的
我行我素的风格 就是忠于我选择
系个宗教 定个书包
令你安全 觉得可靠
冇人敢考 冇人敢教
你一生 你去调教
从前的懵懂可笑 未来的没人知道
等待拥抱还是寻找 要咆哮还是祷告
只有我最清楚我的需要 不用指教
我是我自己生命中的主角
让梦想在我胸中燃烧

zui chi bi

作词:方文山

落叶堆积了好几层 而我踩过青春
听见 前世谁在泪语纷纷
一次缘份结一次绳 我今生还在等
一世 就只能有一次的 认真
确认过眼神 我遇上对的人
我挥剑转身 而鲜血如红唇
前朝记忆渡红尘 伤人的不是刀刃
是你转世而来的魂
确认过眼神 我遇上对的人
我策马出征 马蹄声如泪奔
青石板上的月光照进这山城
我一路的跟 你轮回声
我对你用情极深
洛阳城旁的老树根 像回忆般延伸
你问 经过是谁的心跳声
我拿醇酒一坛饮恨 你那千年眼神
是我 醉醉坠入赤壁的 伤痕
确认过眼神 我遇上对的人
我挥剑转身 而鲜血如红唇
前朝记忆渡红尘 伤人的不是刀刃
是你转世而来的魂
确认过眼神 我遇上对的人
我策马出征 马蹄声如泪奔
青石板上的月光照进这山城
我一路的跟 你轮回声
我对你用情极深

lord vader
作词:五月天阿信

有了天空 为何世界 还有 地心引力
有了希望 为何绝望 还是 如影随形
有了勇气 就让哭泣 埋藏过去
去写一种历史 名字叫奇迹
如果恐惧就像火炬 那就让它沸腾我血液
带我到绝地 喔
我才能完全 觉醒
在黑暗 的对面 是光明
光明 后面 是阴影
正义 邪恶 是谁 有权 定义
在命运 的前面 我怀疑
在面具 后面 铁一般决心
光荣的牺牲 也是种荣誉
(要扭转命运 最后的反击)
不怕人说 不要人懂 我要证明
明天我的姓名 将会是传奇
失败会设下陷阱 没有胜利会发出邀请
只有我自己 喔
能够还我自己 公平
还我自己 公平

dimples
作词:王雅君

我还在寻找 一个依靠
和一个拥抱
谁替我祈祷 替我烦恼
为我生气为我闹
幸福开始有预兆
缘分让我们慢慢紧靠
然后孤单被吞没了
无聊变得有话聊 有变化了
小酒窝 长睫毛 是你最美的记号
我每天睡不着 想念你的微笑
你不知道 你对我多么重要
有了你 生命完整的刚好
小酒窝 长睫毛 迷人的无可救药
我放慢了步调 感觉像是喝醉了
终于找到 心有灵犀的美好
一辈子暖暖的好
我永远爱你到老

bu chao bu yong hua qian
RAP:
Hey greedy,don’t fret
What you see is what you get
You name it,I have it
What you see is what you get
左左 左左 偏左 就用左手 生活 就不用 想太多
怦怦 怦怦 心动 张开眼睛 就记得当下的 强烈
有时灵光一闪而过 牛顿也吃苹果
我的念头不太罗嗦 限时间能入座
请你
不要到处叩叩
潮流需要抠抠
不小心就没抠抠
用力到处扣扣
花掉所有抠抠
钱买不到绝活
你说 听说 听说 你听谁说 跟着 就走 闹哄哄
通通 通通 普通 普通 如果不懂 不要 随便 拒绝
RAP:
Little chick having chips on my sofa
Bearbricxs take a shit on my sofa
Smudge babies lying on my sofa
Neighborhxxds and kiks singing “so-fa”

JJ`s new posted on his own blog...

We are never satisfied.

I hope you are one of them. "

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF